Virgin Coconut Oil is used like any other vegetable or olive oil.
- Cooking or frying anything from eggs, meat or vegetables to pancakes or crumpets. Virgin Coconut Oil gives of a unique aroma when heated, reserved use of seasoning allows the tasty nutty flavour of the oil to remain in the dish; while well seasoned dishes disguise the slight coconut flavour of the oil. The cocnut flavour disappears completely when used to cook most foods, but lingers pleasantly when cooking mildly flavoured products like mushrooms.
- For a healthier option when baking or making deserts, substitute vegetable and olive oil with Virgin Coconut Oil.
- Virgin Coconut Oil is perfect for use when roasting vegetables.
- Virgin Coconut Oil is widely used in Asia as a prewash hair conditioner which leaves hair soft and shiny. Apply a little Virgin Coconut Oil and wash thoroughly afterwards.
- Left in hair it is an effective hair relaxer, perfect for ethnic hair.
- Use as a moisturiser for dry skin or as a massage oil. Rub in thoroughly before hot shower afterwards. Try not to use soap as it will remove all the oil.
- Virgin Coconut Oil is anti-bacterial so can be used on minor cuts and pimples.
- Excellent for treatment of dry skin conditions.
- Works well as a natural lubricant during intercourse.
- Virgin Coconut Oil is ideal for massaging babies and as a bath oil to enhance the immune system.
- It helps cure rashes caused by fungal infections when applied regularly.
- Take one to three spoons daily to reduce constipation and increase energy levels. Start with a low dosage.
- Body builders and people partaking in sports use it for immediate energy release.
- Research has shown that there is a link between the functioning of the thyroid and coconut oil. It speeds up metabolism and helps with weight loss.
- New research indicates that it benefits people suffering from coronary heart disease. The topic of saturated fats versus hydrogenised vegetable oils and margarines has long been a controversial topic.
- It could help reduce the viral load of people infected with viral diseases and research indicates that it helps to prevent flu or other viral infections.