Recently she made a Thai flavoured butternut soup using KAPRUKA Organic Virgin Coconut Oil. Give this recipe a try for a cosy lunch on chilly autumn or winter day.
Image credit: wots for lunch
Thai flavoured butternut ( Makes approximately 9-10 servings)
• 1Tbsp coconut oil (I used the Kapruka brand that we received in our goodies bags at the SA Food Bloggers Conference)
• 2 medium sized onions (roughly chopped)
• 3 large garlic cloves
• 1.5kg butternut (peeled, seeds removed and cut into large chunks)
• 1.5ℓ vegetable stock
• 1 stalk of lemongrass (split in half lengthways)
• 3 dried limes leaves
• 200ml coconut milk
• 1tsp fish sauce
• a large handful of fresh coriander (chopped)
• the juice of half a lime
1. Sauté the onions and garlic in the coconut oil until the onions are translucent.
2. Add the butternut and stir-fry for a minute or two to coat with the coconut oil and brown slightly.
3. Add the vegetable stock, lemongrass and lime leaves and cook for half an hour (or until the butternut is tender)
4. Remove the lemongrass and lime leaves and then blend to a smooth consistency.
5. Stir in the coconut milk, fish sauce, coriander and lime juice, bring to the boil and serve.